The Paul and Ellen Ruckes Scholarship
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
The scholarship is awarded to full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the field of engineering or in computer, physical, or life sciences. To be eligible, applicants must be U.S. citizens or naturalized citizens, and should provide proof of legal blindness.
- 2 awards
- April 2024
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Open to undergraduate or graduate students
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Must be studying full-time
- Citizenship:Must be U.S. citizens or naturalized citizens
- Major/Career:Must be student in the field of engineering or in computer, physical, or life sciences
- Disability:Must be legally blind or visually impaired
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Answer three essay questions. Each section of the essay must contain a minimum of 200 words. 1) Please tell us of your past and recent achievements and accomplishments. 2) Please indicate your intended field of study and why you've chosen it. 3) Please describe what role your visual impairment has played in shaping your life.
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation. Only letters from academic advisors, teachers, rehabilitation counselors, or other professionals will be accepted.
- Other Materials:Proof of legal blindness. A signed letter from an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or state or private agency for the blind, certifying that you are legally blind. The letter must clearly state that you are legally blind (i.e., have best corrected visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye, and/or a visual field of less than 20 degrees in the better eye).
- Phone: (800) 232-5463
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors