The Need-Based Scholarship Program
National Medical Fellowships, Inc.
This scholarship was established to support United States citizens from groups currently underrepresented in the medical profession such as AfricanAmericans/Blacks,Mexican-Americans, American Indians, Native Hawaiians, Alaska Natives, and mainland Puerto Ricans. This opportunity is open to first and second-year medical students. Students must have been accepted to AAMC or AOA-accredited U.S. medical schools for study leading to M.D. or D.O. degrees. Financial need is required.
500 - 10,000
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:First- and second-year medical students.
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Permanently reside within the 50 U.S. states.
- Citizenship:United States citizens
- College:Applicants must have been accepted to AAMC or AOA-accredited U.S. medical schools.
- Major/Career:For study leading to M.D. or D.O. degrees.
- Ethnicity:From groups currently underrepresented in the medical profession; specifically, AfricanAmericans/Blacks, Mexican-Americans, American Indians, Native Hawaiians, Alaska Natives, and mainland Puerto Ricans.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Personal Statement
- Recommendation Letters:Recommendation letter.
- Other Materials:A completed application form;Applicants 2003 W2 Forms & Tax Returns/Telefile/E-file worksheets with ALL required schedules AND income verification;BOTH parents 2003 W2 Form(s) & Tax Returns/Telefile/E-file worksheet with ALL required schedules AND income verification;FAT requested or included;Verification of citizenship (required if applicant or applicants father/mother was not born in the U.S.);Verification of death (applicants spouse/father/mother);Verification of divorce/separation (applicant or applicants parents);Proof of ethnicity/tribal affiliation;Verification Form For Sibling(s) In College requested or included.
- Phone: (212) 483-8880
- Scholarships for Medical Science Majors
- Scholarships for Health Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Biology Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Physician's Assistant Majors
- Scholarships for Opthalmology Majors
- Scholarships for Medical Practice Majors
- Scholarships for Surgery Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors