The Jake Jones Memorial Scholarship for the Learning Disabled
Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF), Inc.
Jake Jones family and the Claude Community started this scholarship to benefit learning disabled graduating seniors in the Texas Panhandle.
- 1 award
- February 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduating seniors
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Residence:Learning disabled graduating seniors in the Texas Panhandle.
- Citizenship:Applicants must be a US citizen (or a permanent resident)
- School:Graduating seniors from the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle
- College:A Texas college/university of choice
- Major/Career:Major in field of choice
- Disability:Have a documented learning disability
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Submit a personal letter or essay that tells the scholarship selection committee the struggles you have faced with having a learning disability, how you have worked to overcome obstacles caused by the learning disability, and how family, friends, and faith have aided you in the process. You must also address your commitment to achieve a higher level of education.
- Recommendation Letters:Two (2) letters of recommendation - one letter should be from a teacher you had in high school and the second letter should be from a pastor, employer, coach, mentor, etc. Letters written by family members are not permitted.
- Other Materials:Applications must be accompanied by a detailed letter from your special education teacher/coordinator, counselor, or doctor that clearly identifies your documented learning disability and how your integrity, ambition, and good character have enabled you to overcome the obstacles associated with your documented learning disability. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (photocopy of U.S. birth certificate) or legal permanent residency status ACT and/or SAT scores (if scores appear on the back of your high school transcript, no additional documents are necessary) Page one (1) of current year IRS tax Form 1040 for household (if current year is not available, previous year will be accepted)
- Name: Connie Bradford
- Phone: (806) 350-4518
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org