The American Legion Baseball Scholarship
American Legion - Kansas
The American Legion Baseball Scholarship is a scholarship that can be awarded through a nomination of a team manager or head coach. The applicant will be given a minimum of $500. The awardee must be a part of a team affiliated with an American Legion post.
500 - 5,000
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a high school graduate.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- School:The awardee must have graduated from an accredited high school.
- College:The scholarship may be used to attend a school selected by the student, provided it is state accredited.
- Athletics:The applicant must be on a current roster (American Legion National Baseball Electronic Registration Form) filed with National Headquarters.
- Organization:The scholarship is open to students who are part of a team affiliated with an American Legion post.
- Other Benefits:Scholarship winners must utilize the total award within eight (8) years of their graduation date, excluding active military duty.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Application must include:College plans - (1) What major do you plan to pursue when you enter college? Why? (2) What college or university do you plan to attend? Why? (3) Do you anticipate playing college baseball?Career Interest - Describe what you see yourself doing 10 years from today. The scholarship committee realizes that in many cases, applicants will not have decided on career goals. However, complete this section to the best of your ability.
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of testimony must be attached to the nomination form. Attach a one-page letter of recommendation from your: (1) Legion coach or team manager (2) American Legion post commander or adjutant (3) Community leader, (i.e. teacher, minister, Scout leader, church leader, principal)
- Phone: (317) 630-1203
- Email: email@example.com