Structural Materials Division Scholarship
Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
This scholarship is supported by TMS Structural Materials Division to benefit sophomore or junior students majoring in metallurgical and/or materials science and engineering. Studies must have an emphasis on the science and engineering of load-bearing materials, including studies into the nature of a materials physical properties based upon its microstructure and operating environment.
- 2 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Undergraduate applicants in their sophomore or junior years
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a qualified college or university.
- Major/Career:Undergraduate applicants in their sophomore or junior years, who are majoring in metallurgical and/or materials science and engineering
- Organization:The applicant must be a student member of Material Advantage.
- Miscellaneous:Relatives of members of the funding committee/division are not eligible.
- Other Benefits:Up to $500 is available for each recipients travel expenses.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection is based on:Relevance of Coursework/Experience to division's focusScholarship ApplicationAcademic AchievementActivities in and out of School, Including Work ExperienceLeadershipPersonal Profile StatementLetters of Recommendation
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Include an individual statement describing unique educational experiences (e.g., special projects), career plans, leadership experience, involvement ina Material Advantage chapter, and community involvement. This statement should be no more than 200 words.
- Recommendation Letters:Three (3) TMS Scholarship Recommendation Forms from educators and/or employees who are familiar with your background.
- Other Materials:A completed application form
- Phone: (724) 776-9000
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors