Samsung American Legion Scholarship
American Legion - Kansas
The Samsung American Legion Scholarship is given to high school juniors who participated in the The American Legion Boys State or Auxiliary Girls State program. The scholarship is sponsored by Samsung Electronics to show their appreciation to U.S veterans who helped Korea during the Korean War. The program provides an up to $20,000 fund to scholars.
852 - 20,000
- 98 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a high school junior.
- Financial Need:Required
- School:The applicant must attend the current session of either The American Legion Boys State or Auxiliary Girls State program.
- Military:The applicant must be a direct descendant - i.e. child, grandchild, great-grandchild, etc. - or a legally adopted child of a wartime veteran who served on active duty during at least one of the periods of war officially designated as eligibility dates for American Legion membership.- World War I - Apr. 6, 1917 - Nov. 11, 1918- World War II - Dec. 7, 1941 - Dec. 31, 1946- Korean War - June 25, 1950 - Jan. 31, 1955- Vietnam War - Feb. 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975- Lebanon/Grenada - Aug. 24, 1982 - Jul. 31, 1984- Panama - Dec. 20, 1989 - Jan. 31, 1990- Persian Gulf War - Aug. 2, 1990 - Until cessation of hostilities- Includes Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, & War on TerrorismApplicants who are direct descendants of Korean War veterans will receive special consideration.
- Other Benefits:The funds may be used for tuition, books, fees, and room and board.
- Judging Criteria:Winners are selected according to academic record, involvement in school and community activities, community service and financial need.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Other Materials:Applicants must submit a proof of service documentation. The acceptable documents are:Form DD214 (Official discharge certificate)Official Honorable Discharge certificateForm DD1300 (Official military death certificate)Official record of burial in a military cemetery issued by the National Cemetery Administration of the Department of Veterans AffairsCurrent or former military ID cardCurrent or former LES (Leave and Earnings Statement)Official log book entries from a military unitDocumentation may include but is not limited to copies of, Department of Defense documents, Department of the Army documents, Department of the Navy documents, Department of the Air Force documents, Department of Veterans Affairs documents (federal or state), and American Legion documents.
- Phone: (317) 630-1200
- Email: email@example.com