Ron Brown Scholar Program (RBSP)
Ron Brown Scholar Program
The Ron Brown Scholar Program is awarded to graduating high school senior and demonstrate leadership potential. Applicants must demonstrate participate in community service activities and with a financial need
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants for the Ron Brown Scholarship MUST be graduating high school seniors at the time of their application
- Financial Need:Required
- Character Traits:Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Residence:Hold a permanent resident visa card. (or Be a US citizen )
- Citizenship:Be a US citizen (or hold a permanent resident visa card.)
- College:Recipients may use the renewable scholarships to attend an accredited four-year college or university of their choice within the United States.
- Ethnicity:African Americans
- Extracurricular:Who demonstrate a keen interest in public service, community engagement, business entrepreneurship and global citizenship
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Essays: You must respond to both (A) and (B). Each essay should be no longer than 500 words.(A) Choose the one activity you listed as most important in question #1 and tell us why it is significant.(B) Submit one essay that you plan to send or have sent as part of a college application. This may be on any topic. If your college application did not require an essay, please submit an essay on the topic of your choice.
- Recommendation Letters:Please ask two individuals who know you well to submit letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a teacher or other school professional.
- Phone: (434) 964-1588
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org