PTI AMSYSCO Scholarships
American Concrete Institute
The AMSYSCO, Inc established this scholarship in 2011 to commemorate the companys 30 years in the posttensioning industry. This scholarship benefits students planning to attend an accredited U.S. engineering undergraduate or graduate program and pursuing a civil and/or structural engineering degree. Preference is given to those attending the University of Maryland, and the University of Illinois at Urbana, IL.
- 2 awards
- December 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduate or Undergraduate Students
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Fulltime student during entire scholarship year; Graduate or Undergraduate Students with a minimum of 3 years completed coursework.
- College:U.S. engineering undergraduate or graduate program with preference given to those attending the University of Maryland, and the University of Illinois at Urbana, IL; Fulltime student during entire scholarship year in the U.S. or Canada.
- Major/Career:Study area in the area of concrete structures with an emphasis on structural design, materials, construction, or any combination thereof with a clear focus on posttensioning design and application. Graduate research in posttensioned concrete design and application will be considered.
- Miscellaneous:All applicants must be proficient in the English language. If English is not your native language, a written statement must be attached to this application attesting to thisproficiency.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:An essay describing the applicants thoughts and interest in posttensioning and itsrelation to his/her career objectives (1 to 2pages, 1500 words maximum);
- Other Materials:Completed application form;Scheduled classes for Winter/Spring 2016 school term;Two (2) completed reference forms, one of which shall be from the students faculty sponsor. Reference forms are statements of evaluation of the applicant, in terms of potential for growth, character, leadership capacity, and career interest, which are required from two evaluators. One reference form must be from a faculty member. All reference forms must be submitted in English. It is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline;Applicant Certification attesting to the accuracy of the submitted application information.
- Name: Theodore L. Neff
- Phone: (248) 848-3185
- Email: Ted.Neff@posttensioning.org
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors