Barbara Wiedner and Dorothy Vandercook Memorial Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
This scholarship was established to benefit high school seniors or college freshman students. Applicants must have demonstrated leadership and personal initiative in activities involving peace and social justice, nuclear disarmament, and/or conflict resolution.
250 - 500
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:You are a high school senior or college freshman at the time of application.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Character Traits:Demonstrated leadership and personal initiative in activities
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Provide a brief, typed autobiography on a separate piece of paper (no handwritten applications accepted). Be sure your name appears on it, and include:Section 1: A summary of your activities, organizational work and/or awards relating to peace and social justice, nuclear disarmament, and/or conflict resolution.Section 2: Describe how you were more than simply a participant, i.e., how your leadership abilities and personal initiative made a difference for the activities or organizations youve been involved with.Section 3: Describe your goals for the future.
- Recommendation Letters:Letters of recommendation must relate specifically to your leadership activities and personal initiative in working for peace and social justice, nuclear disarmament and/or conflict resolution. Please do NOT send generic, non-specific letters of recommendation that you may be using for other scholarship or award applications.Include at least two letters of recommendation from people (not members of your immediate family) who have personal knowledge of, and can describe, your leadership activities and personal initiative in working for peace and social justice, nuclear disarmament and/or conflict resolution.The letters must be included in the same envelope with this application.
- Other Materials:A completed application form.
- Phone: (530) 265-3887
- Email: email@example.com