Painter Service for Others Scholarship
The Denver Foundation
Painter Service for Others Scholarship Fund provides a $1,500 to $5,000 fund a full-time junior or senior student who is planning to pursue a career as a K-12 teacher or a social worker focusing on assisting children and/or young adults. The program aims to support students with financial need that have participated in significant volunteer/community service work in high school and in college.
1,500 - 5,000
- 1 award
- April 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a college junior or senior.
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must be a full-time student with a minimum 12 credits/ semester).
- College:The scholarship is open to students attending the Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Denver, or Colorado State University.
- Major/Career:The student must be pursuing college degrees in teaching or social work.
- Extracurricular:The applicant must have participated in significant volunteer/community service work in high school and in college.
- Judging Criteria:Recipients will be selected to receive a scholarship through a competitive process based on academic achievement, the quality of writing, and the applicants commitment, motivation, and a potential for success in the field.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:The application must include answering the following questions: What are your short and long term career goals?Identify an issue in our culture today and briefly discuss how Social Work or Education can be instrumental in bringing about a shift in that issue. Please limit your response to 1,000 words or less.
- Recommendation Letters:Reference Request: Please request a reference from an academic professor or faculty advisor in your field. If you have held an internship in the field, you are encouraged to ask your supervisor to submit a recommendation on your behalf. This process is initiated by you, the applicant, from within the online application. You are responsible for ensuring that your reference completes this request prior to the scholarship application deadline. Insert the name and email address of your reference into the fields provided. Immediately when you save your application, a secure link with specific reference questions will be sent to your reference. This needs to be done in ADVANCE of submitting your application. The deadline for references is the same as your scholarship application deadline.
- Other Materials:The applicant must complete their FAFSA. They must also submit the following:Anticipated Educational Costs for the 2016-2017 Academic Year1. Tuition and Fees2. Books3. Room and Board4. Transportation5. Personal6. OtherTotal Cost of Attendance for the 2016-2017 Academic yearAnticipated Financial Aid - List the different types and amount of aid you expect to receive for the upcoming academic year using the "Add Another Answer" button.1. Aid Type2. Aid Name3. Amount4. Pending or Confirmed?
- Name: Sharon Harper
- Phone: (303) 996-7348
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships for Special Education Majors
- Scholarships for Secondary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Teaching Majors
- Scholarships for Elementary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Early Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Social Services Majors
- Scholarships for Public Service Majors
- Scholarships for Social Science Majors
- Scholarships for Preservation and Museum Studies Majors
- Scholarships for Social Studies Majors