NERC College/Graduate Scholarship
Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) - Northeastern Region
NERC College/Graduate Scholarship is offered to full-time undergraduate or graduate student during the scholarship year. Applicants must be a student of Korean heritage and has a minimum GPA of 3.0 to become eligible of the scholarship.
500 - 5,000
- 1 award
- July 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants will be a full time undergraduate or graduate student during the scholarship year.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Students who reside, or will reside, in the US during the school year are all welcome to apply.
- College:Applicants must be full time student at a school in one of the designated Northeastern region states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Vermont) during the school year.
- Ethnicity:Students must have a Korean heritage studying in the United States regardless of citizenship status.
- Miscellaneous:Current non-students are eligible if they can provide documentation (acceptance letters, signed commitment letters, or other documents showing commitment to attend) indicating they will be a full time student in one of the above categories in the school year.
- Judging Criteria:Evaluation criteria are based on the following: (The breakdown percentage of the evaluation criteria is a suggested guideline. Each region may apply a different percentage for each criteria). * Financial need - 40% * Scholastic achievement -25% * Recommendations - 10% * Essay - 10% * Extracurricular activities - 10% * Extra Credit for standing out or having extraordinary circumstances - 5%
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Please provide an essay 800 words or less responding to either ONE of the following questions: Please describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school. Please describe some challenges you have faced, how you resolved them, and how they have shaped who you are today.
- Recommendation Letters:You must provide recommendations from two faculty members who best know your academic qualifications, including your academic performance, potential, and motivation. You also have an option to provide one non-faculty person who has known you for more than two years. This is optional but it may provide you with extra points. For graduate or college students who took a break between studies, you can submit recommendations from one faculty and one non-faculty as the Faculty Recommendation #2. Please let the individuals know that they will be receiving an email from us. They will receive an automated email for the recommendation request when you save your application. You will receive an email when your recommendation is received by the system. It is your responsibility to follow up with your references to ensure that they submit their recommendations prior to the application deadline.
- Other Materials:Financial DataYour application will not be deemed complete unless you provide: (i) the completed the Estimated Income and Estimated Expenses sections below and complete other requirements of this application; (ii) an official FAFSA result (Student Aid Report - SAR) if you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident; (iii) a personal financial statement if you are an international student, and (iv) copies of (a) your parents tax returns officially filed with the federal and state tax authorities in the past year, and (b) yours if youve filed a tax return for the past year (please submit all pages of your parents and your tax returns).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org