NAEd/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
NAEd/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is given to students who have received their Ph.D., EdD, or equivalent research degree. The awardee will receive $70,000 for one academic year of research. The fellowship aims to support education research of early career scholars.
- 1 award
- November 2017
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants must have received their Ph.D., EdD, or equivalent research.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Major/Career:Proposed project must be an education research project.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:CAREER STATEMENT: Provide a career statement narrative, describing what led the applicant to their current role and interest in this particular project. Applicants should indicate future professional plans and how the proposed research contributes to long-term professional goals. A text box is available on the online application form. Please refer to length restrictions on the form.
- Recommendation Letters:The online application form will allow applicants to enter the names and e-mail addresses for three references; it will not allow applicants to request more than three references. Once the e-mail addresses are entered, the online application form will send an automated e-mail to each reference, providing them with a link to enter their materials online.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:EXAMPLE OF PAST RESEARCH RELEVANT TO EDUCATION: In no more than 20 double-spaced pages provide an example of a previous research project that demonstrates the applicants promise as a researcher and ability to complete the proposed project. Applicants may submit a chapter of a book, an article, or other research, and the writing sample may be published or unpublished. DO NOTE: Most journal publications are single spaced and double columned; this format will not be accepted. If an applicant wishes to submit a published piece, it must be reformatted to adhere to the NAEd application guidelines: double spaced, 11 point Times New Roman font, and 20 pages or less, including references. If an applicant wants to submit a piece longer than 20 pages, they can submit a portion of the full document and provide a link to the full piece. If providing an excerpt, please be judicious in what is included in the submission, as reviewers are only required to review material in the document.
- Other Materials:For any uploaded documents, please adhere to the following guidelines: All applications must use 11 point Times New Roman font, double-spaced with one-inch margins. Do not reduce your font sizereviewers must be able to read all documents.All applications and documents must be submitted in English. All uploaded documents must be in pdf format. (NAEd staff will not support any document conversion to pdf.) Do not include cover letters, a table of contents, or any additional materials. ABSTRACT: Provide an abstract of the proposed research project. A text box is available on the online application form. Please refer to length restrictions on the form. PROJECT DESCRIPTION: In no more than 10 double-spaced pages describe the research project. This document must include page numbers and the applicants full name and registered e-mail address as a running header.
- Name: Jack Busbee
- Phone: (202) 334-2341
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org