Horticultural Research Institute, Inc.
The Muggets scholarship is sponsored by the Mugget Growers of America (MGA), the 1,500 scholarship is given annually to help students in pursuing a degree in horticulture.
- 1 award
- May 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
- Minimum GPA:2.25
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Have at least a sophomore standing in a four-year curriculum or senior standing in a two-year curriculum as of the fall semester of scholarship application year, if an undergraduate student (graduate students of any year are also eligible)Be currently enrolled in good standing and carry a full-time course load at the time of application and during the semesters for which the scholarship is grantedHave a minimum grade point average overall of 2.25 based on a scale of 4.0, and a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a scale of 4.0 in their major.Be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program in landscape, horticulture or related discipline at a two or four-year institution. Students in vocational agriculture programs will also be considered.
- College:Be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program in landscape, horticulture or related discipline at a two or four-year institution.
- Major/Career:Accredited undergraduate or graduate program in landscape, horticulture or related discipline
- Miscellaneous:Preference will be given to applicants who plan to work within the industry (including nursery operation, landscape architecture/design/construction/maintenance, interiorscape, horticultural distribution, or retail garden center) following graduation.Students in vocational agriculture programs will also be considered.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Personal essay
- Recommendation Letters:Recommendations may come from a student advisor, instructor, employer, or business associate and must be submitted directly from the recommender to HRI through our online application system (https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/hrischolarships)
- Other Materials:Required Materials: general contact information, statement of financial need, personal essay, resume, transcripts, and two letters of recommendation
- Phone: (614) 487-1117
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors
- Scholarships for Mathematics Majors
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Statistics Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Computer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Physical Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Plant Science Majors