Michigan Memorial Scholarship
American Legion Auxiliary - Department of Michigan
This scholarship was established to benefit daughters, grand-daughters and great-granddaughters of any honorably discharged or deceased men/women veterans of World War I, World War II, Korean Conflict, Vietnam Hostilities, Granada and Lebanon Hostilities, Panama Hostilities, or Persian Gulf Conflict. This is open to high school senior or freshman/sophomore year of college students who are not over 21 years old. Funds can be used for tuition, room and board, fees, books and supplies necessary for pursuing study at any school, college, or other educational institution in the State of Michigan.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant must be going into, or in her senior year of high school, or freshman/sophomore year of college but not over 21 years of age.
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Applicant must be a resident of the State of Michigan at the time of application and for one year preceding the date of this award
- College:Any school, college, or other educational institution in the State of Michigan.
- Military:Daughters, grand-daughters and great-granddaughters, of any honorably discharged or deceased men/women veterans of World War I, April 6, 1917-November 11,1918; World War Il, December 7, 1941-December 31, 1946; Korean Conflict, June 25, 1950-January 3 1, 1955; Vietnam Hostilities, February 28, 1961-May 7, 1975; Granada and Lebanon Hostilities, August 24, 1982-July 31, 1984; Panama Hostilities, December 20, 1989-January 31, 1990; or Persian Gulf Conflict, August 2, 1990 to date to be set by Congress.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of Recommendation: (from: principal or counselor of school, clergyman, professor, or un-related person knowing of applicant's character).
- Other Materials:A completed application form;A copy of the veteran's discharge papers showing date of induction or enlistment and date of separation. (May be obtained from the County Clerk's Office where veteran resides.);A copy of Income Tax Form (1040 Pages 1 & 2) for 2012 or 2013, or a Federal FAFSA Form completed in 2014. Please blacken out Social Security numbers for privacy purposes.
- Phone: (517) 267-8809
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships for Bay County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Arenac County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Kent County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Ottawa County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Muskegon County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Allegan County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Montcalm, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Barry, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Ionia County, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Kalamazoo County (MI) Residents