Merfeld Family Foundation Scholarship Fund
Ventura County Community Foundation
This scholarship was established by Greg Merfeld on February 9, 2011, at Ventura County Community Foundation to benefit college students whose parents have been diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrigs disease. The Merfeld Family Foundation Scholarship Fund at VCCF is a national award with preference given to students in Southern California and Merfelds native Iowa.
- 3 awards
- January 2021
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduating high school seniors from high schools in the United States or students who are currently enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum GPA:2.75
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Residence:The Merfeld Family Foundation Scholarship Fund at VCCF is a national award with preference given to students in Southern California and Merfelds native Iowa.
- College:Intending to enroll full-time at an accredited community college or four-year college or university OR students who are currently enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Disability:Students must be from a family where a parent was diagnosed with ALS while the applicant was/is in high school or in college.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation. Neither person is a relative. Both recommenders gave me a working email address to use in my application. AT LEAST ONE of the recommenders is a current faculty member a teacher/professor teaching at the school I currently attend.
- Other Materials:2016 VCCF Financial Aid Worksheet;A completed online application.
- Name: Virginia Weber
- Phone: (805) 988-0196
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org