Melonye Shurtz Memorial Scholarship
Community Foundation of North Central Washington
This scholarship was established in memory of Melonye Shurtz to benefit a graduating senior of Eastmont High School pursuing further education in a service related field such as teaching, medical, social work, etc.
- 1 award
- March 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduating senior of Eastmont High School
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- School:Graduating senior of Eastmont High School
- Major/Career:Full-time student pursuing further education in a service related field such as teaching, medical, social work, etc.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Supplemental: Essay on the subject, What difference can one person with a caring heart make? (300-word limit)2 essays on the online application form:Personal Statement: Explain what you think is important for the selection committees toknow so they gain insight into who you are as the person behind the GPA and test scores. What sets you apart from other applicants? (3,000 character limit, approximately 500 words)Future Education and Career Plans: Provide a brief statement of your educational and career objectives and long-term goals. Tell us about what youve done so farto personally contribute toward achieving those objectives. (3,000 character limit, approximately 500 words)
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation are required.- One letter must be from a current school-related reference (teacher, coach, principal, administrator, counselor, mentor, etc.)- The second letter could be from a non-school related reference (employer, pastor, community member, family friend, etc.) or from another school-related reference.A Letter of Recommendation from a family member cannot be accepted.
- Other Materials:Online Application FormExpected Family Contribution (EFC) from FAFSA or FAFSA4caster (not required for HB1079 students see detailed information on the application)FAFSA: You will need your parents and/or your most recently filed tax records. Access the FAFSA form at www.studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa. FAFSA forms may be accessed and completed earlier, but cant be submitted until after January 1. Complete the FAFSA as early in January as possible to allow for processing and not risk missing the scholarship deadline. After you file, you should receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) within three days to three weeks. Note: The FAFSA Summary Report you receive immediately upon submitting your FAFSA is NOT your SAR.FAFSA4caster: You can get an estimate of your EFC by using the FAFSA4caster at www.studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/estimate. Remember, though, that its just an estimate and that you will still need to file the FAFSA if you want to apply for Federal Student Aid.IMPORTANT: Create a PDF document only of the page from the SAR that shows the EFC. File size restrictions apply, so please do not upload the entire SAR.
- Phone: (509) 663-7716
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Special Education Majors
- Scholarships for Secondary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Teaching Majors
- Scholarships for Elementary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Early Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Education Majors
- Scholarships for Social Services Majors
- Scholarships for Public Service Majors
- Scholarships for Social Science Majors
- Scholarships for Preservation and Museum Studies Majors