Materials Processing & Manufacturing Division Scholarship
Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
Materials Processing & Manufacturing Division Scholarship provides a $2,500 fund to sophomore and junior undergraduate students. The scholarship supports students who are pursuing a major in metallurgical and/or materials science and engineering. The awardees will also receive and additional $500 to cover travel expenses to attend the meeting and luncheon to accept the award.
- 2 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants must be undergraduate sophomores or junior.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must be enrolled full-time.
- Major/Career:Applicants must be enrolled full-time in metallurgical and/or materials science and engineering with an emphasis on manufacturing from product design to production, integrating process control technology into manufacturing, and basic and applied research into key materials technologies that impact manufacturing processes.
- Organization:The applicant must be a student member of Material Advantage.
- Miscellaneous:Relatives of members of the funding committee/division are not eligible.
- Other Benefits:Additionally, each recipient receives up to $500 for travel expenses to attend the meeting and luncheon to accept the award.
- Judging Criteria:The following judging criteria are employed:Relevance of Coursework/ Experience to division's focusScholarship ApplicationAcademic AchievementActivities in and out of School, Including Work ExperienceLeadershipPersonal Profile StatementLetters of Recommendation
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Applicants must attach an individual statement of 200 words or less, typed, double-spaced, describing career plans, reports on special projects, leadership roles, work experience, and community involvement. This is an opportunity for the applicant to convey specific career plans relating to a particular area of interest.
- Recommendation Letters:Three (3) TMS Scholarship Recommendation Forms from educators and/or employees who are familiar with your background.
- Phone: (724) 776-9000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors