IEEE Computer Society Merwin Scholarship
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Inc. Computer Society
The scholarship was established in honor of the late Richard E. Merwin, past president of the IEEE Computer Society, to award students whose active and are volunteered leaders in their respective branches or chapters.
- 1 award
- September 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduate students, and those in the final two years of an undergraduate program
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Major/Career:Electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer related field of engineering
- Organization:IEEE Computer Society membership is required.
- Other Benefits:The selected winners of this award will have the opportunity to serve as IEEE Computer Society Student Ambassadors for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
- Judging Criteria:Evaluation criteria include participation in student IEEE branch/chapter activities (30%), academic achievement (30%), extracurricular activities (10%), letter of recommendation from student branch/chapter advisor (20%), and quality of Student Ambassador vision statement (10%).
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Recommendation Letters:The IEEE Student Branch Adviser; The CS Chapter Chair (i.e. the professional chapter); You can also present a second LOR (this is optional)
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Examples of Flyers or Posters from chapter activities etc.
- Other Materials:High School Transcripts; Photo(s) (of work you have done with your chapters or other CS-related accomplishments); Complete Application Form;
- Name: Eric Berkowitz
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors