Honda Scholarship

Society of Women Engineers (SWE)

This scholarship was established to financially assist junior and senior college students who are member of under-represented groups. Students must be pursuing study in the fields of Automotive Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Master of Science in Engineering. Financial need is preferred.

Key Information

Eligibility Requirements

  • Gender:
  • Age/Grade Level:
    Junior, Senior
  • Minimum GPA:
  • Financial Need:
  • Other Academic Requirements:
    The applicant will be a full time student, except for reentry and non-traditional applicants.
  • Residence:
    The applicant must be permanent resident (or a US citizen)
  • Citizenship:
    The applicant must be a US citizen (or permanent resident of the US)
  • College:
    College or home location: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin; The applicant is enrolled in or accepted for a baccalaureate or graduate ABET-accredited engineering (EAC), computing (CAC), or technology (TAC) degree program.
  • Major/Career:
    AutoE, ChE, EE, ET, ME, MfgE, MSE
  • Miscellaneous:
    The applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship.

Application Details

  • Transcript:
  • Resume/Activity List:
  • Recommendation Letters:
    Submit e-mail contact information for two references. Your recommenders should be:- A teacher or college professor in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) field familiar with your work in his or her respective field and/or STEM.- The other must be from a person who has known you for two or more years and who is not a relative or member of your family. For example, the second letter canbe from a coach or a family friend.
  • Other Materials:
    A completed online application;A letter of acceptance from an ABET-accredited college or university indicating acceptance into an ABET-accredited engineering or computer science program forthe coming academic year ONLY if you will be a transfer student, or a first year graduate student in the fall of 2016;FAFSA.

Contact Information