Henry Salvatori Scholarship (for general study)
Sons of Italy Foundation
This scholarship was created Henry Salvatori, the late philanthropist and businessman to benefit high school seniors. Applicants must demonstrate exceptionalleadership, understanding and respect for liberty, freedom and equality. THis scholarship is open to senior high school students planning to attend an undergraduate program at a four-year, accredited academic institution. Students must be U.S. citizens of Italian descent.
- 1 award
- February 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Grant awarded to a college-bound high school senior
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Citizenship:U.S. citizens
- College:Planning to attend an undergraduate program at a four-year, accredited academic institution.
- Ethnicity:U.S. citizens of Italian descent
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Essay: Submit a typewritten original essay of 750-1,000 words on the following: The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are considered to be living documents by many historical and legal scholars. Discuss the relevance of these documents to the principles of liberty, freedom and equality in the United States today.
- Recommendation Letters:Letters of Recommendation: Submit 2 letters of recommendation from public officials/figures (elected or appointed government official, law enforcement officer, firefighter, etc.) whose careers have demonstrated a commitment to the principles the scholarship embodies.
- Other Materials:A completed application form;Cover Letter: Submit a typewritten cover letter of 150-250 words outlining your academic and professional goals; Test Scores: Submit copies of official results from all standardized tests (ACT, SAT) taken during the past 5 years. Scores reported on official transcripts will usually fulfill this requirement;Processing Fee: A non-refundable $40 processing fee must accompany each application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org