Henry DeWitt Smith Scholarship
Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
This scholarship funded by the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers was established to assist graduate students majoring in the field of mineral, metals, and/or materials engineering. The scholarship was designed to further the mineral industries by providing opportunities in the arts and sciences pertaining to those industries.
- 2 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Available to graduate students
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a qualified college or university.
- Major/Career:Graduate students majoring in the field of mineral, metals, and/or materials engineering.
- Organization:The applicant must be a student member of Material Advantage.
- Miscellaneous:Relatives of members of the funding committee/division are not eligible.
- Other Benefits:An additional $375 for travel expenses is available to the recipient in order to personally accept the award at the TMS Annual Meeting and Exhibition. Recipients will also receive a brochure about Mr. Smith and his relationship to the mining industry.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection is based on:Relevance of Coursework/Experience to division's focusScholarship ApplicationAcademic AchievementActivities in and out of School, Including Work ExperienceLeadershipPersonal Profile StatementLetters of Recommendation
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Include an individual statement describing unique educational experiences (e.g., special projects), career plans, leadership experience, involvement ina Material Advantage chapter, and community involvement. This statement should be no more than 200 words.
- Other Materials:A completed application form; Three (3) TMS Scholarship Recommendation Forms from educators and/or employees who are familiar with your background.
- Phone: (724) 776-9000
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors