Florence Young Memorial Scholarship
Association on American Indian Affairs, Inc.
The Florence Young Memorial Scholarship is awarded to graduate students pursuing major in Art, Law, and Public Health. Applicants must be members of respective tribe from continental US tribes or Alaska Native
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduate students
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Citizenship:All applicants must be enrolled tribal citizens
- College:Attend an accredited institution and be seeking an Associate's Degree or higher
- Major/Career:Art, Law, and Public Health Fields
- Ethnicity:Be enrolled members within their respective tribe from continental US tribes or Alaska Native.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Essay Topic Options:Please choose and submit one of the topics on page 2 to complete a 2-3 page essay1. AAIA's International Repatriation Project supports the return of Indigenous ancestors, funeraryand sacred objects and objects of cultural patrimony from international repositories, including museums,private collections and auction houses. Why is this important and how would you informothers about it?2. AAIA is a partner in the Annie E. Casey Foundation's Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative(JDAI). What are some viable tribal and community based alternatives to detention for juvenileswho have committed non violent offenses? Are these alternatives successful toward rehabilitationand prevention of crime? Why or why not?3. Attaining higher levels of education has long been touted as a means toward improving thelives of Native people. If you were a tribal leader, how would you promote higher education inyour family and community? How would you promote higher education to non Native Americanswho believe that Native Americans are provided for by gaming revenue and government resources?
- Other Materials:Submit a copy of tribal enrollment (there is no minimum blood quantum requirement for eligibility). This can be a copy of the student's tribal I.D. card or a copy of an official letter from the tribe.
- Phone: (240) 314-7155
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors
- Scholarships for Mathematics Majors
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Statistics Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Computer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Physical Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Humanities Majors