Duane Young Scholarship
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
This scholarship was established in 1994 by Duane Young, a graduate of Kalamazoo Central High School and Michigan State University and a professional football player. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide scholarship assistance to student athletes who have the desire and the skills necessary to participate in athletics. This scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors from Kalamazoo high schools planning to participate in athletics at a two- or four-year college/university. African American applicants and/or students pursuing a degree in education are preferred.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Must be a graduating high school senior
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Residence:Must be a graduating high school senior residing in Kalamazoo County
- School:Attending a high school within Kalamazoo County.
- College:Desire to participate in athletics at a two- or four-year college/university
- Major/Career:Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a degree in education.
- Ethnicity:Preference will be given to African American applicants
- Extracurricular:Must have participated in sports at the varsity level in high school.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Essay typed into the text box in the eGRANT application addressing why you merit consideration for this scholarship. Include how extracurricular activities volunteer experiences and leadership roles have helped to prepare you for your choice of study. If you have overcome challenges or improved in motivation and achievement during high school please provide this information also.
- Recommendation Letters:Letters of Recommendation completed by adults other than family members. One of the required Letters of Recommendation must be from a high school coach.
- Other Materials:eGRANTscholarship application;Two copies of the Scholarship Recommendation Form;ACT/SAT scores;Financial Information Summary Form. (Must be sent to the college(s) of your choice by March 1, only if you have applied for financial aid)
- Phone: (269) 381-4416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships for Special Education Majors
- Scholarships for Secondary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Teaching Majors
- Scholarships for Elementary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Early Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Bay County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Arenac County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Kent County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Ottawa County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Muskegon County (MI) Residents