CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship
Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA)
This scholarship was established by the Council for International Cooperation (CIC), a non-profit private organization, whose goal is to promote better understanding between the United States, China and Taiwan. The program is named after Anna Chennault, the Founder and Chairman of CIC. The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage students to pursue journalism as a career and encourage competitors to research, learn and give an opinion on a topical news item and to take a stand on this particular issue.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants must be a graduating high school senior that has been accepted to a U.S. college (proof of acceptance required) or a currently enrolled college student.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Accepted to a U.S. college
- Major/Career:Pursue journalism as a career.
- Other Benefits:The selected student will receive travel, lodging and registration to attend AAJAs national annual convention in August 2016 in Las Vegas. Depending on the winners area of study, the student will also be paired with a professional print, online or broadcast mentor at the convention to help them network. The selected student may work with the 2016 VOICES team and contribute to the student convention publication, as well as work with a VOICES faculty member to complete small assignments during the convention (a separate application to VOICES program is not required).
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be based on academic achievement, demonstrated journalistic ability, commitment to the field of journalism and/or sensitivity to Asian American and Pacific Islander Issues.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Answer ONE of three essay questions.
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation from a professional who is familiar with your academic and/or journalism work (a counselor, professor, etc.).
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Work samples (in PDF, JPG or link formats).
- Other Materials:A completed online application;
- Name: Justin Seiter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org