Beatrice S. Demers Foreign Language Fellows
The Rhode Island Foundation
Beatrice S. Demers Foreign Language Fellows was established in 2007. The Rhode Island foundation offers the scholarship through the estate of Beatrice S. Demers. Demers was a foreign language professor for more than 30 years. She taught in Pawtucket public schools, and at the University of Rhode Island.
1,000 - 20,000
- 1 award
- January 2024
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants may be undergraduate students, graduate students, professors, educators.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Residence:Applicant must be a Rhode Island resident.
- College:Anyone who is a student at a Rhode Island college or university. Preference will be given to applicants from the University of Rhode Island who meet the qualifications.
- Major/Career:Applicant must study a foreign language learning.
- Other Benefits:The Fellowship may support the costs of tuition, fees, travel, housing, living expenses, and other costs.
- Judging Criteria:Applications will be judged according to the following selection criteria: Evaluation of the applicants dedication to foreign language learning. The likelihood that the proposed program of study will promote a high level of foreign language fluency. Promoting a diversity of languages studied, program types, and individuals receiving fellowships.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation. Please follow the directions in the application and supply the INSTRUCTIONS on the link (http://www.rifoundation.org/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Scholarships/2016/Demers_Letter_of_Recommendation.pdf) to recommenders.
- Other Materials:Applicant must submit a Program budget using the template in this link: http://www.rifoundation.org/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Working-Together/For-Scholarships/Demers-budget.xls and a proof of Rhode Island residency (only if not currently a student at a Rhode Island college or university).
- Phone: (401) 874-5546
- Email: Demers@RIFoundation.org