ASME Nuclear Engineering Division (NED) Scholarship
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Auxiliary, Inc.
ASME Nuclear Engineering Division (NED) Scholarship is a $5,000 award given to junior or senior students pursuing a degree in nuclear engineering or Mechanical Engineering. The program awards up to three students who demonstrate an interest in Nuclear Engineering as defined by the NED.
- 3 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be in the junior or senior year of college.
- Financial Need:Required
- College:Eligibility requires you to be accepted and enrolled in an accredited college, university or community college.
- Major/Career:The applicant must be enrolled in nuclear engineering or ME undergraduate program.
- Organization:The applicant must be a member of the ASME.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Submit an essay in the space provided, succinctly describing (as appropriate):Your personal interests and goals in mechanical engineering;Contributions to the profession (e.g., publications, research, innovations, leadership, etc.);Participation and/or achievement in professional societies, school, community groups (e.g., offices held, programs developed, etc.); andAny other relevant facts you feel may be pertinent (e.g., employment, family obligations, disabilities, etc.).
- Recommendation Letters:Ask a faculty member, professor, or supervising engineer who knows your work to comment on your character, engineering involvement and potential for leadership or for making a significant contribution to the mechanical engineering profession. This can be based upon specific examples drawn from your coursework, projects, or activities that support your Essay statement.Following the instructions in the application, Submit at least one recommendation letter (or a maximum of two). You or your recommender/s may upload signed recommendation letter(s) in any electronic format.
- Other Materials:Please enter your anticipated resources and expenses from July 1 of the current year through June 30 for next year. If the answer is zero or the question does not apply to you, enter "0." This represents your income and expenditures during your full-time study in the upcoming academic year.
- Phone: (800) 843-2763
- Email: CustomerCare@asme.org
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors