Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellowship is a two-year fellowship at the Museum of the City of New York. This fellowship is for recent PhD's in the urban history, American studies, decorative arts, architectural history, or related fields who wish to gain hands-on experience in curatorial work and pursue an independent research project related to MCNY’s collections or programs.
- 1 award
- October 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Candidate must hold a doctoral degree
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Candidate must hold a doctoral degree (or international equivalent) in Art History or Archaeology in a field related to projects to be posted in August 2015. The degree should have been conferred within five years from the start date of the fellowship.
- Major/Career:Candidate must hold a doctoral degree (or international equivalent) in Art History or Archaeology
- Miscellaneous:Applicants must submit a proposal that relates their work to one of the projects below.1. Department of the Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas: To research and assist with the development and preparation for a planned reinstallation and renovation of the African art galleries.2. Department of Arms and Armor: To work on the installation and future rotations of a gallery devoted to the arms and armor of the ancient world.3. The Robert Lehman Collection: To catalogue and create website labels for approximately two hundred paintings ranging from sixteenth-century German to seventeenth-century Dutch and Spanish to nineteenth-century and modern French painting. Applicants should have a background in European art from the sixteenth to the twentieth centuries.
- Other Benefits:The fellow will receive a research and travel expenses up to a maximum of $6,000 and fringe benefits.The Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellow is a full-time exempt employee of The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:A statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying your areas of research and their relationship to the Museum's collection and activities. Include relevant experiences related to your chosen curatorial project area.
- Recommendation Letters:Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. Once you have submitted your recommenders' names, titles, and email addresses, they will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading their letters online. Please note that each letter must include the recommender's complete title and contact information. We encourage recommenders to submit letters in English.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Copy of a published paper or recent writing sample
- Other Materials:Cover letter addressing your interest in the fellowship position
- Phone: (212) 650-2763
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships for Humanities Majors
- Scholarships for Art History Majors
- Scholarships for Architecture Majors
- Scholarships for Fine Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Performing Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Visual Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Photography Majors
- Scholarships for Graphic Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Film Majors
- Scholarships for Art & Design Majors
- Scholarships for Art Majors