AMVETS National Scholarships Program (Entering College Freshmen)
AMVETS National Ladies Auxiliary
The AMVETS National Scholarships Program (Entering College Freshmen) is awarded to a graduating high school senior entering at the college freshmen level . Applicants must be a United States citizen and a child or grandchild of a United States veteran.
- 6 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Must be a graduating high school senior entering at the college freshmen level in the upcoming fall semester.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Citizenship:Must be a United States citizen.
- College:Full-time study at either an undergraduate college or university or an accredited technical/trade school leading to a certification or degree
- Extracurricular:Volunteer activities, community services
- Military:Must be the child or grandchild of a United States veteran
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Essay (50-100 words) entitled and addressing the theme of What A Higher Education Means To Me (The essay must be written in the space provided on page 3).
- Other Materials:A copy of the veterans honorable discharge. (Form DD 214) Dependents of current military personnel must submit a letter from the base commander certifying the active duty status of the parentSAT and/or ACT scores. A complete and signed copy of the parent(s)/guardian(s) 1040 tax form must be enclosed. It will be used to verify financial need. The applicants name must also appear on the tax form. A copy of the applicants Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Acceptance letter from the accredited school you will attend. Proof of college expenses (A copy of expenses out of the college publication will suffice).
- Phone: (877) 726-8387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org