American Legion Baseball Player of the Year Scholarship
American Legion - Nebraska
American Legion Baseball Player of the Year Scholarship is a $600 to $750 fund given to deserving baseball players selected by Department (State) Baseball Committee. The awardees must be on the current roster filed in the National Headquarters and part of a team affiliated with an American Legion post to be eligible.
600 - 750
- 1 award
- July 2019
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a high school graduate.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Athletics:The applicant must be playing and on a current roster of the American Legion Baseball.
- Organization:The applicant must be part of a baseball team affiliated with an American Legion post.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Answer the following questions in the application form:What major do you plan to pursue when you enter college? Why?What college or university do you plan to attend? Why?Do you anticipate playing college baseball?Describe what you see yourself doing 10 years from today. The scholarship committee realizes that in many cases, applicants will not have decided on career goals. However, complete this section to the best of your ability.
- Recommendation Letters:The applicant must submit three letters of testimony attached to the application.Any team manager or head coach of an American Legion (postaffiliated) team may nominate a player for a consideration of this award. The scholarship application, letters of recommendation and certification form must be completed, postmarked and mailed to the department headquarters no later than July 15. Three letters of testimony must be attached to the nomination form. Attach a one-page letter of recommendation from your: (1) Legion coach or team manager (2) American Legion post commander or adjutant (3) Community leader, (i.e. teacher, minister, Scout leader, church leader, principal)
- Phone: (402) 464-6338
- Email: email@example.com