American Indian Endowed Scholarship
Washington Student Achievement Council
The American Indian Endowed Scholarship is awarded to needy students with close social and cultural ties to an in-state American Indian community. Applicants must be a Washington State resident and enroll full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student a college or university in Washington State.
500 - 2,000
- 15 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Scholarships for needy undergraduate students
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Be a Washington State resident.
- College:Students can use the scholarships at public colleges and universities and many accredited independent colleges and universities in Washington.
- Ethnicity:Students who have close social and cultural ties to an American Indian tribe
- Miscellaneous:Plan to return, to their tribal communities and work on behalf of Indian peoples within the state.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:Letter(s) of Recommendation: (Letters must be from individuals who are not immediate family members) Applicants for initial (first time) awards: Attach a minimum of three recommendation letters. One letter must address your personal commitment to serve the American Indian community in Washington. At least two letters must discuss your close social and cultural ties to an American Indian tribe or community in Washington. You are encouraged to include a fourth recommendation letter, from a recent teacher or instructor that addresses your current academic performance. Renewal applicants: Attach at least one current letter of recommendation. The letter must speak to your personalcommitment to serve, as well as your close social and cultural ties to, the American Indian community in state.
- Other Materials:Statement of Commitment to Return Service: Attach a separate sheet of paper and describe how you plan to serve an instate American Indian community upon completing your education, and how your contribution is intended to affect the community
- Phone: (360) 753-7843
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org